Design Your Own Home Page
One of the first things you have to consider when making your own website is its homepage design. This point is extremely important, because a homepage is like your site’s entrance. It is the very fist thing a visitor observes when visiting your website. Remember that the main purpose of any homepage is to provide an insight into your site’s content and services or products you offer. If you want your website to make a positive impression on its visitors and, probably, on your prospective clients, you have to make sure the homepage design really appeals to them.
1. Pay attention to the structure of the homepage information. Your website visitors will hardly spend much time on your page searching for the information they need. So, you have to offer them a guide to your site’s content so that they could quickly find everything they are looking for.
2. Consider the interface of your homepage. Though your site’s content is of vital importance, your visitors should also appreciate the way it looks. Remember that a homepage is like a business card and your website visitors’ impression concerning your company’s reputability will considerably depend on the way the site’s homepage is designed.
3. Your homepage should contain a brief review of your company’s specialization and the services or products you offer.
4. Make sure your site’s homepage encourages your prospective clients browse through your site.
5. Do not forget to make the homepage sufficiently interlinked to enable quick navigation.
If you want to design your own home page quickly and efficiently, you are welcome to choose one of the site making software programs that will facilitate the whole website making process for you. Of course, if you may afford spending thousands of dollars on professionally designed websites, nobody will prevent you from doing that. However, for the majority of people cheap or free site making software programs seem to be an appropriate way out.
uCoz is ready to offer you a number of applications, publishing tools, technical support and manuals to make the design of your homepage unsurpassed only in a few clicks. This web-service contains over 250 default templates, 21 modules as well as thousands of gadgets and widgets created by professional website designers. To set one of the suitable default templates, you just need to choose it on the Control panel. It is also possible to change the color scheme and the header of your homepage. However, you have to know the process of changing styles and codes to make your homepage look different. Template builder is another option offered by the company. Just imagine how you want your homepage to look and proceed to designing it.